offers full DNA analysis
and Gene Testing Services
your genes can help to reduce your risk of serious disease in the future by
targeting screening and preventive measures.
of the products we offer are:
- Ancestral determination
- Paternity determination
- Pre-natal and antenatal
determination of genetic abnormalities
- Genetic screening for
- Genetic screening for
- Screening family members
for specific genetic traits
- Genetic testing to aid
targeted cancer treatment
- Whole Exxon analysis
human being has 20,000 genes. These genes determine who we are and play a big
part in determining your health and what diseases you are more likely to suffer
from. Knowing these genes can help you avoid
these diseases or detect them early so you can fix the problem while it is
cost of genetic testing has decreased a lot in recent years and is now largely
Who is ideal for these procedures.
Who is ideal for these procedures. Genetic testing is ideal for people to who want to identify whether they are predisposed to a certain disease/ cancer and identify gene changes that will be passed on to the next generation. It is also a great method to understand more about your hereditary and the diversity of your genes.
- FAQ 1: What
is the purpose of Genetic tests?
- FAQ 2: What
can I learn?
- To discover your genetic propensity to get various diseases eg. Cancers, heart disease, diabetes etc
- To see if defective or pathological diseases have been transmitted
- To target screening
- To prevent, preventable disease
- To trigger lifestyle change
- To save your life
- To check your children for genetic conditions
- Paternity testing
- Check ancestry and confirm family relationships
- FAQ 3: What
are the benefits and drawbacks?
diseases you are more prone to get.
- FAQ 4: How do I decide to be tested?
Most times the information is useful and beneficial. Helps to target screening
and prevention of disease.
Removes uncertainty surrounding your health
May cause unnecessary worrying. Many genes are not fully expressed so you may
have a disease linked gene but not get the disease.
- FAQ 5: Is
this procedure supported by insurance?
you are worried about any disease which is gene related you may seek testing.
your parents or close relatives have gene related disease you may want to know
if you have the gene.
testing is not covered by insurance; however, the prices has fallen greatly and
is now affordable to the general public
- FAQ 6: What
is the process in ASG for this procedure?
- Book a pre-op consultation with ASG clinic and sign a consent form before testing
- Genetic material may be blood, sputum, cheek swab or buccal swab.
- A report will be furnished to you, however, the length it takes for the report to be furnished depends on the extent that is tested.